We’re hiring! Home Repair Specialist wanted.Kevin Fusco
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Lowell is looking for an experienced general home repair person to join our team and help further our vision in which everyone has a decent place to live.
The Critical Home Repair (CHR) Specialist, in partnership with the Critical Home Repair Coordinator, is responsible for the planning, coordination, and execution of home repair projects.
- Integrity, credibility, commitment to Habitat’s mission
- Ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds
- High school graduate, or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years residential renovation experience, or similar transferable experience
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to train and lead staff and volunteers
- Physical ability to perform and complete all work
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Construction Supervisor License (CSL)
- Develop and maintain repair project schedules
- Manage process for service delivery for critical home repair projects
- Establish budget for the cost of the repair project
- Execute the repair, ensuring work is completed to code, deadlines and budgets are met, proper safety policies are practiced and enforced, and all inspections passed.
- Supervise procurement and management of program materials
- Train, mentor and supervise the work of both the professional and volunteer persons on each project site
- Keep assigned vehicle, trailer, and tools in working order, orderly and secure.
- Stay abreast of Best Practices in the building industry, safety, Energy Star requirements and renovation/repair techniques
Job Type: Part-time
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Home Renovation or Repair: 5 years (Required)
- Managing Workers or Volunteers: 3 years (Required)
- Driver (Required)